NBA releases 2022-23 schedule for the Denver Nuggets
We already know the Denver Nuggets are playing their marquee regular-season game on Christmas as they’ll host the Phoenix Suns, but what about the other 81 games?
The NBA announced the league’s full schedule Wednesday afternoon, and we now know where and when the Nuggets will play. Their first game is slated about two months from right now. The Nuggets will start the season at the Utah Jazz in Salt Lake City on October 19th.
Here are some takeaways and key games:
- The Nuggets Christmas Day game will be at 8:30 on ESPN.
- The Nuggets first national TV game is against the Golden State Warriors on Friday, October 21st at Chase Center, on ESPN at 8 p.m.
- The home debut follows a day later October 22nd, against the Oklahoma City Thunder.
- The Nuggets will play 16 national TV games this year between ABC, ESPN, and TNT. They’ll play 28 if you count NBATV but those 12 be blacked out locally.
- Nikola Jokić vs. Joel Embiid will square off on Saturday afternoon, January 28th, on ABC.
- The Nuggets will face 12 sets of back-to-back games, including four with no travel.
- Nuggets will play 17 of their first 28 games away from home, including 13 of their first 19 games and eight of 11.
- Denver’s longest road trip comes in March as they travel away from home for five games from the 14th to the 22nd.
- Denver will travel more miles than any other team in the Western Conference this season at 50k total miles traveled (conference average is 45k miles).
- Beginning on Dec. 18th the Nuggets will start a stretch of 15 of 19 at Ball Arena, including a season-long tying five-game home stand from Jan. 15th to the 22nd
— Hardwood Paroxysm (@HPbasketball) August 17, 2022
The Nuggets only have two back-to-backs in October, November, and December combined.
Good for Murray and MPJ returns.
— Ryan Blackburn (@NBABlackburn) August 17, 2022
The full schedule can be found below: