It’s time for Broncos Country to succumb to the sobering reality that this Teddy Bridgewater vs. Drew Lock, 50/50 quarterback competition thing is about to happen.
Sure, there’s many Broncos faithful who never thought Denver could land Aaron Rodgers — and even some who didn’t want the reigning MVP in orange and blue (for some reason).
But deep down, even the dissenters must admit that landing Rodgers would be at the very least exciting.
And it’s a bummer that most likely won’t happen, since the latest speculation about Rodgers is he’ll retire sometime within the next week.
Oh, and thoughts of possibly trading for Deshaun Watson likely have been dashed as well, as the feuding quarterback will reportedly attend Houston Texans training camp.
So, here we are Broncos Country, right smack in the middle of another 50/50 quarterback competition.
But, hey, what could go wrong? (Just ignore that whole 2017 season)
- Injuries force Broncos to peer into defense’s possible future
- Bradley Chubb is teetering on membership in a disappointing club
- Clayton: Can the Broncos buck the trend of home teams getting upset?
- Pick Six: Who is up and who is down after the Broncos win in Week 2
- Drop the Mike: Broncos fans shouldn't be grumpy about 2-0
- The Broncos unsung hero on defense needs to stay in Denver