It’s time for Broncos Country to succumb to the sobering reality that this Teddy Bridgewater vs. Drew Lock, 50/50 quarterback competition thing is about to happen.
Sure, there’s many Broncos faithful who never thought Denver could land Aaron Rodgers — and even some who didn’t want the reigning MVP in orange and blue (for some reason).
But deep down, even the dissenters must admit that landing Rodgers would be at the very least exciting.
And it’s a bummer that most likely won’t happen, since the latest speculation about Rodgers is he’ll retire sometime within the next week.
Oh, and thoughts of possibly trading for Deshaun Watson likely have been dashed as well, as the feuding quarterback will reportedly attend Houston Texans training camp.
So, here we are Broncos Country, right smack in the middle of another 50/50 quarterback competition.
But, hey, what could go wrong? (Just ignore that whole 2017 season)
- Clayton: This season is as big for Pat Shurmur as it is for Vic Fangio
- Inside The Game : Mark Schlereth looks ahead to Broncos at Jaguars
- Elevator Pitch: Hopefully Chubb can make debut Sunday vs. Jags
- After one week, the Broncos offense is good from far, but far from good
- Broncos rookie Patrick Surtain to start, "go right in" for Ronald Darby
- Broncos fantasy football outlook for Week 2 against the Jaguars