To add another layer to the drama surrounding Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers, some sportsbooks have removed the Green Bay over-under win total because of speculation that Rodgers will retire next week.
The folks at @PointsBetUSA tell PFT that the Packers' over-under win total wager was removed from board midday Friday due to speculation that Aaron Rodgers will retire next week. https://t.co/rxuBufDR8R
— ProFootballTalk (@ProFootballTalk) July 24, 2021
PointsBet sportsbook told Pro Football Talk that they made the move due to speculation that Rodgers will be retiring.
These are all just rumors, but it is significant that sports books will not allow bettors to load up on bets because of what they have been hearing behind the scenes about Rodgers and his future in the NFL.
According to a report by Sports Illustrated, two sportsbooks they contacted said the expectation is Rodgers is going to announce his retirement sometime before the first practice on Wednesday.
In the homestretch of this three-month journey it looks like Wednesday will play a key role in this dramatic offseason.
- Clayton: This season is as big for Pat Shurmur as it is for Vic Fangio
- Inside The Game : Mark Schlereth looks ahead to Broncos at Jaguars
- Elevator Pitch: Hopefully Chubb can make debut Sunday vs. Jags
- After one week, the Broncos offense is good from far, but far from good
- Broncos rookie Patrick Surtain to start, "go right in" for Ronald Darby
- Broncos fantasy football outlook for Week 2 against the Jaguars