Fear not, Avalanche fans, as it looks like the Seattle Kraken will not be signing captain Gabriel Landeskog away from Colorado.
However, the Avs will still lose a key offensive piece, as reports indicate the Kraken will take forward Joonas Donskoi in Wednesday night’s expansion draft.
— Ryan S. Clark (@ryan_s_clark) July 21, 2021
In two seasons with Colorado, Donskoi played in 116 games, tallying 33 goals and 31 assists. His 31 points and plus-14 plus/minus both ranked eighth among all Avalanche players in 2020-’21.
After four seasons with the San Jose Sharks, Donskoi signed a four-year, $15.6 million deal with the Avs in July 2019. He would go on to record 16 goals and 17 assists in the COVID-19 pandemic shortened season that followed.
A fourth-round pick of the Florida Panthers in 2010, Donskoi played professionally in Finland for Oulun Kärpät of the Finnish Liiga before signing with the Sharks in May 2015.
- Elway, not Manning, is the right choice to own the Broncos
- Clayton: Depth at linebacker has become a major concern for Broncos
- Broncos fantasy football outlook for Week 3 against the Jets
- Picks of the Week: Broncos return home looking to go 3-0
- Elway tops star-studded list of all-time SoCal athletes
- Broncos advise fans to arrive early for home opener Sunday