Fear not, Avalanche fans, as it looks like the Seattle Kraken will not be signing captain Gabriel Landeskog away from Colorado.
However, the Avs will still lose a key offensive piece, as reports indicate the Kraken will take forward Joonas Donskoi in Wednesday night’s expansion draft.
— Ryan S. Clark (@ryan_s_clark) July 21, 2021
In two seasons with Colorado, Donskoi played in 116 games, tallying 33 goals and 31 assists. His 31 points and plus-14 plus/minus both ranked eighth among all Avalanche players in 2020-’21.
After four seasons with the San Jose Sharks, Donskoi signed a four-year, $15.6 million deal with the Avs in July 2019. He would go on to record 16 goals and 17 assists in the COVID-19 pandemic shortened season that followed.
A fourth-round pick of the Florida Panthers in 2010, Donskoi played professionally in Finland for Oulun Kärpät of the Finnish Liiga before signing with the Sharks in May 2015.
- Clayton: Aaron Rodgers to the Broncos could resume in 2022
- Storylines to watch heading into the 2021 Broncos training camp
- Bradley Chubb still a question mark before camp
- Broncos Country should root for Drew Lock to win this QB battle
- Denver Broncos sign DB Tedric Thompson
- Training Camp 2021: Previewing the Broncos safeties