Former Denver Broncos quarterbacks coach Greg Knapp has been hospitalized and is in critical condition after suffering serious injuries from a bicycle accident over the weekend in California.
— New York Jets (@nyjets) July 20, 2021
Mike Klis, Broncos Insider for 9News, reported that Knapp’s agent Jeff Sperbeck confirmed the veteran coach was hospitalized.
According to multiple accounts, Knapp was riding his bicycle when he was struck by a motorist.
Knapp was the Broncos’ quarterbacks coach from 2013-2016. In 2013 Peyton Manning set single-season passing records that still stands with 55 touchdowns and 5,477 yards.
Knapp was also on Gary Kubiak’s staff that won Super Bowl 50 defeating the Carolina Panthers 24-10.
“If everybody could just keep praying because we need a small miracle right now,” his wife, Charlotte Knapp, told NBC on Tuesday. “Just keep him in your prayers.”
- Clayton: Aaron Rodgers to the Broncos could resume in 2022
- Storylines to watch heading into the 2021 Broncos training camp
- Bradley Chubb still a question mark before camp
- Broncos Country should root for Drew Lock to win this QB battle
- Denver Broncos sign DB Tedric Thompson
- Training Camp 2021: Previewing the Broncos safeties