Former Denver Broncos quarterbacks coach Greg Knapp has been hospitalized and is in critical condition after suffering serious injuries from a bicycle accident over the weekend in California.
— New York Jets (@nyjets) July 20, 2021
Mike Klis, Broncos Insider for 9News, reported that Knapp’s agent Jeff Sperbeck confirmed the veteran coach was hospitalized.
According to multiple accounts, Knapp was riding his bicycle when he was struck by a motorist.
Knapp was the Broncos’ quarterbacks coach from 2013-2016. In 2013 Peyton Manning set single-season passing records that still stands with 55 touchdowns and 5,477 yards.
Knapp was also on Gary Kubiak’s staff that won Super Bowl 50 defeating the Carolina Panthers 24-10.
“If everybody could just keep praying because we need a small miracle right now,” his wife, Charlotte Knapp, told NBC on Tuesday. “Just keep him in your prayers.”
- Elway, not Manning, is the right choice to own the Broncos
- Clayton: Depth at linebacker has become a major concern for Broncos
- Broncos fantasy football outlook for Week 3 against the Jets
- Picks of the Week: Broncos return home looking to go 3-0
- Elway tops star-studded list of all-time SoCal athletes
- Broncos advise fans to arrive early for home opener Sunday