Drew Lock is entering his third year in the NFL and finds himself in a QB competition with veteran Teddy Bridgewater. The Broncos have spent the past few drafts loading up on offensive talent, kept the same coaching staff from last year and didn’t draft a QB anywhere in the 2021 NFL Draft. Everything is set up for Drew Lock to take the starting job and be the Broncos QB this season.
The reason the Broncos even have this competition shows they don’t have faith in Drew lock making that leap. Nonetheless, they still have taken the steps to set him up for success.
Noah Fant and Jerry Jeudy are first-round picks, and K.J. Hammler is a second round pick. Whether or not these players work out, the Broncos still set out to give their young QB the weapons he needs.
Drew >Lock is not guaranteed to win this QB battle with “Teddy Two Gloves.” In fact, he seems to be behind the veteran so far in the competition.
With that said, he has all the tools at his disposal to win this job and prove the doubters wrong. If he can’t, he has no one to blame but himself.
- Clayton: Aaron Rodgers to the Broncos could resume in 2022
- Storylines to watch heading into the 2021 Broncos training camp
- Bradley Chubb still a question mark before camp
- Broncos Country should root for Drew Lock to win this QB battle
- Denver Broncos sign DB Tedric Thompson
- Training Camp 2021: Previewing the Broncos safeties