Will Barton is expected to return to the lineup for the Denver Nuggets in their second game against the Phoenix Suns on Wednesday night, according to Adrian Wojnarowski.
Denver guard Will Barton will test his hamstring in warmups for Game 2 and — barring a setback — is expected to make his return to the lineup vs. the Suns tonight, sources tell ESPN. Barton has been out since suffering injury on April 23.
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) June 9, 2021
Barton is going to test his hamstring during warmups and if everything is fine, he’ll return to the lineup.
The Nuggets trail the best-of-7 series 1-0 after losing Game 1 on Monday night.
Barton sustained a hamstring injury in April and has been sidelined ever since. Barton hasn’t played a playoff game since 2018-19, missing the 2020 playoffs in the bubble last season.
In 56 games this season, Barton averaged 12.7 points, four rebounds, and 3.2 assists per game.
The Suns are 5.5-point favorites over the Nuggets in Phoenix for Game 2 on Wednesday evening.
- Drew Lock has been given all he needs to win Broncos QB battle
- Three under-the-radar Broncos defensive players heading into 2021
- Mile High Monday: How to evaluate the Lock-Bridgewater battle in camp
- CU Boulder athletic facilities to have full capacity in fall 2021
- Could one veteran determine the Broncos' fate this season?
- Broncos WR Kendall Hinton receiving national attention