The Denver Broncos added some depth to its linebackers room on Monday, signing former Houston Texans linebacker Peter Kalambayi.
A sixth-round draft pick out of Stanford by Houston in 2018, Kalambayi even managed his way onto the field for OTAs Monday morning wearing the No. 62.
“Coming out of Stanford, Kalambayi showed well in terms of measurables but production didn’t match. Can work the edge, has strength and burst, quick feet” tweeted DenverFan.com’s Cecil Lammey on Monday, adding he expects the newest Bronco to be a special teamer and backup outside linebacker.
According to SportsTalk 790 Texans reporter Aaron Wilson, “When healthy, Kalambayi is a reliable backup linebacker and a core special-teams contributor.”
Kalambayi, 25, has 33 tackles in 41 career games over three seasons with the Texans.
- Second Rockies assistant GM departs in as many weeks
- Schlereth: The Vikings' model is one worth copying
- PFF lists Callahan, Simmons among best players in the NFL
- Clayton: One scenario forecasts Deshaun Watson missing next two seasons
- Dre'Mont Jones could be a key to the Broncos' success
- Bradley Chubb predicted to be MVP for Broncos in 2021