The Denver Broncos added some depth to its linebackers room on Monday, signing former Houston Texans linebacker Peter Kalambayi.
A sixth-round draft pick out of Stanford by Houston in 2018, Kalambayi even managed his way onto the field for OTAs Monday morning wearing the No. 62.
“Coming out of Stanford, Kalambayi showed well in terms of measurables but production didn’t match. Can work the edge, has strength and burst, quick feet” tweeted DenverFan.com’s Cecil Lammey on Monday, adding he expects the newest Bronco to be a special teamer and backup outside linebacker.
According to SportsTalk 790 Texans reporter Aaron Wilson, “When healthy, Kalambayi is a reliable backup linebacker and a core special-teams contributor.”
Kalambayi, 25, has 33 tackles in 41 career games over three seasons with the Texans.
- Elway, not Manning, is the right choice to own the Broncos
- Clayton: Depth at linebacker has become a major concern for Broncos
- Broncos fantasy football outlook for Week 3 against the Jets
- Picks of the Week: Broncos return home looking to go 3-0
- Elway tops star-studded list of all-time SoCal athletes
- Broncos advise fans to arrive early for home opener Sunday