Vic Fangio has been a poor head coach so far in his time with Denver. It’s no secret; it hasn’t been good enough. Now, this is not all Fangio’s fault. He hasn’t had a quarterback and took over a team that had a losing record.
One thing that has been a disappointment is that Von Miller and Bradley Chubb have not been healthy at the same time. This will be Fangio’s last chance to show off the possibly great pass rush duo.
Fangio was hired as the defensive guru who would be able to get the best out of an aging Miller and a young Chubb. Only one problem: They haven’t been able to stay healthy at the same time.
With what looks to be Fangio’s last year, this will be his last chance to show off what he can do with the talent Miller and Chubb bring.
In Fangio’s first year, Chubb tore his ACL in Week 5, and Miller had an unfortunate injury the day before Week 1 last year. It’s been terrible luck to say the least, but with Miller returning and Chubb another year away from his injury, now is Fangio’s chance to show Broncos Country how good these two can be together.
On paper, Chubb and Miller are a top-tier pass rushing duo in the league. Vic Fangio is on his last leg as a head coach in the NFL. If he can show off how good his defense is, and Miller and Chubb are a big part of that, it could help him keep his job or get a new defensive coordinator position elsewhere.
- Injuries force Broncos to peer into defense’s possible future
- Bradley Chubb is teetering on membership in a disappointing club
- Clayton: Can the Broncos buck the trend of home teams getting upset?
- Pick Six: Who is up and who is down after the Broncos win in Week 2
- Drop the Mike: Broncos fans shouldn't be grumpy about 2-0
- The Broncos unsung hero on defense needs to stay in Denver