Colorado Rockies third baseman Josh Fuentes wrapped up a career week with a career first on Monday, as he was awarded the National League Player of the Week.
Fuentes, 28, tore the cover off it in five games for the Rockies last week, batting .500 (11-for-22) with three doubles, two home runs and 13 RBI.
With multiple RBIs in each of the past five games, Fuentes entered play Monday having matched Charlie Blackmon (2017) and Dante Bichette (1995) for the longest such streak in club history.
Fuentes, who delivered the walk-off winner on Wednesday against the San Diego Padres, tallied at least one hit in each game during the week.
- Clayton: Aaron Rodgers to the Broncos could resume in 2022
- Storylines to watch heading into the 2021 Broncos training camp
- Bradley Chubb still a question mark before camp
- Broncos Country should root for Drew Lock to win this QB battle
- Denver Broncos sign DB Tedric Thompson
- Training Camp 2021: Previewing the Broncos safeties