Just as the conclusion of DaeSean Hamilton’s tenure in Denver seemed imminent, the Broncos wide receiver has reportedly torn his ACL, throwing a wrench in potential trade talks.
NFL Network’s Taylor Bisciotti first reported on Friday that Hamilton had torn his ACL with subsequent reports saying the injury occurred away from the Broncos facility.
— Mike Klis (@MikeKlis) May 14, 2021
The news comes just a day after NFL Network’s Mike Garafolo initially reported the Broncos intended to waive Hamilton, but late-developing talks kept the door open for a trade — and the wide receiver from being cut.
To add insult to injury, NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport reports that Hamilton was going to be traded, which was set to be finalized after the rookie minicamp this weekend.
To add to the frustration: Hamilton was, in fact, going to be traded and the deal was going to be finalized after rookie camp. He sustained the injury today. He’s having an MRI but they believe it’s an ACL. Another injury away from the facility. https://t.co/iOI6i7FVVU
— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) May 14, 2021
- Drew Lock has been given all he needs to win Broncos QB battle
- Three under-the-radar Broncos defensive players heading into 2021
- Mile High Monday: How to evaluate the Lock-Bridgewater battle in camp
- CU Boulder athletic facilities to have full capacity in fall 2021
- Could one veteran determine the Broncos' fate this season?
- Broncos WR Kendall Hinton receiving national attention