The Denver Broncos are waiving wide receiver DaeSean Hamilton, according to NFL Network’s Mike Garafolo.
The #Broncos are waiving WR DaeSean Hamilton, source says. With depth at the receiver spot, the team had trade talks involving the former fourth-rounder recently but couldn’t finalize a deal. Strong possibility to be claimed.
— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) May 13, 2021
The return of star wide receiver Courtland Sutton coupled with Jerry Jeudy and Tim Patrick pushed Hamilton too far down in the depth chart.
Since 2018, Hamilton has played in 46 of a possible 48 regular-season games and tallied 81 receptions for 833 yards and five touchdowns.
According to Garafolo, the Broncos had trade talks involving the former fourth-rounder, but could not finalize a deal. Hamilton was due $2.3 million in 2021 before becoming an unrestricted free agent next season.
- Drew Lock has been given all he needs to win Broncos QB battle
- Three under-the-radar Broncos defensive players heading into 2021
- Mile High Monday: How to evaluate the Lock-Bridgewater battle in camp
- CU Boulder athletic facilities to have full capacity in fall 2021
- Could one veteran determine the Broncos' fate this season?
- Broncos WR Kendall Hinton receiving national attention