The Denver Broncos have been linked to trading up with the Atlanta Falcons and connected to “discussions” for veteran quarterbacks, but Tyler Polumbus doesn’t want the team going after “leftovers” before draft night.
At this point Broncos should wait it out at QB. If QB falls to 9 great. If not make a trade for the Minshews of the world after.
No reason to rush a trade for any of those guys beforehand & too costly to move up to 4 for the 4th QB off the board not knowing who is available.
— Tyler Polumbus (@Tyler_Polumbus) April 7, 2021
In a discussion with co-host DMac, Polumbus states he is only interested in trading for a quarterback after the draft.
“I am only interested after the draft and I am only interested if the Broncos get through the draft and aren’t able to select a quarterback,” Polumbus said.
The free-agent quarterback carousel is slim, with Gardner Minshew, Teddy Bridgewater, Alex Smith and Nick Foles still available.
But Polumbus doesn’t have any interest in trading for those quarterbacks since they are all rounded into the same category.
“They’re the leftovers of leftovers,” Polumbus said. “They are all in the same category and I promise there is going to be one or two available after the draft.”
- Thanks to Kroenke, most fans missed out on storybook seasons
- Mile High Monday: Notes from the Broncos first rookie minicamp
- Melvin Gordon weighs in on the Broncos quarterback situation
- O’Reilly all but guarantees Blues win over Avs in Round 1
- Breaking down the Broncos undrafted free agents class of 2021
- Takeaways from the Denver Broncos rookie minicamp