In Daniel Jeremiah’s latest mock draft for NFL.com, five quarterbacks go in the first seven picks, and not one lands with the Denver Broncos.
Instead, the NFL Media analyst has Denver opting to bookend its offensive line with Oregon tackle Penei Sewell.
“LT Garett Bolles played really well last season, and now you add a bookend on the right side in Sewell,” Jeremiah writes.
At the top, like most if not all mock drafts at this point, Jeremiah projects the Jacksonville Jaguars to take Trevor Lawrence followed by Zach Wilson to the New York Jets — who just unloaded Sam Darnold to the Carolina Panthers.
Quarterbacks also go No. 3 and No 4, with Mac Jones heading to the San Francisco 49ers and Trey Lance to the Atlanta Falcons.
However, reports on Tuesday indicated Atlanta may be willing to “move out” of the No. 4 position with Matt Ryan already under center.
The fifth, and final, quarterback of Jeremiah’s first round — Justin Fields — lands with the Detroit Lions at No. 7 despite the team trading for Jared Goff earlier this offseason.
Ahead of Fields’ pro day at the end of last month, NFL.com draft analyst Lance Zierlein mocked the Ohio State quarterback to the Broncos.
“Selecting Fields would be a bold — but potentially necessary — move for the team to take the next step,” Zierlein said.
- Avs goalie Grubauer appears headed to COVID-19 protocol
- Player OTA participation still hinges on COVID-19 protocols
- Clayton: OTA boycott may impact Broncos first-round pick
- 2021 NFL Draft Preview: Defensive end sleepers and Broncos fits
- Nuggets and Austin Rivers in “serious talks” on a deal
- The Broncos will be well-represented when Justin Fields throws today