The Broncos are facing questions and uncertainty this offseason after coming off another losing season.
Denver’s new general manager George Paton has a lot of decisions to make as he begins to piece together the Broncos’ free agent and NFL Draft wish list. In 14 seasons with the Minnesota Vikings, Paton had a hand in securing 17 Pro Bowlers through the draft and undrafted free agents.
Pass rusher Von Miller ($22.1 million cap hit) and safety Kareem Jackson ($12.8 million cap hit) both have team options in their contract for 2021. According to Spotrac, Miller’s $22.1 million cap hit in 2021 could be the second-highest for outside linebackers. Safety Justin Simmons played on the franchise tag in 2020 after the Broncos failed to get a deal done. An NFL insider reported earlier this week that Simmons will likely be franchise tagged again, paying him at least $13.73 million in 2021.
Here’s a look at the list of players who are hitting free agency this spring:
Unrestricted Free Agents
Restricted Free Agents
Exclusive Rights Free Agents
- Could Ja'Wuan James be on the brink of a Garett Bolles-like turnaround?
- The Broncos need to move on from Von Miller
- The tea leaves suggest that the Broncos might be tanking in 2021
- Broncos open to “any position” at pick No. 9, including QB
- Case for Kareem Jackson being cap casualty grows stronger
- If Paton gets his way, the 2021 Broncos will look a lot like 2020