The first half of this program we talk to 3 local area high school students who have all had a suicide at their schools this year. Hear how they have been impacted by the suicides, and what they need from adults.
The second half of the show we talked to three mental health professionals. They were able to give us an insight into what is going on in our state as well as addressed some of the questions from the high school students.
Guest: American Foundation for Suicide Prevention – Sheri Cole Colorado Area Director, The Steven A. Cohen Military Family Clinic at CU Anschutz – Matt Wetenkamp, Outreach Manager, NAMI (The National Alliance on Mental Illness) – Jason Hopcus President/CEO – NAMI Arapahoe/Douglas Counties
Who to contact if you or someone you know needs help:
Colorado Crisis Services: 1-844-493-8255 ww.coloradocrisisservices.org
American Foundation for Suicide Prevention – 800-273-TALK (8255)
The Steven A. Cohen Military Family Clinic at University of Colorado Anschutz – 800-273-8255 www.denvercohenclinic.org
National Alliance on Mental Illness – www.namiadco.org and www.realpeoplereallife.org
- Denver Broncos franchise tag safety Justin Simmons
- Clayton: The Broncos will be bringing in competition for Drew Lock
- Things aren't all sunshine and lollipops at George Paton presser
- Could Ja'Wuan James be on the brink of a Garett Bolles-like turnaround?
- The Broncos need to move on from Von Miller
- Broncos open to “any position” at pick No. 9, including QB